Tao Mijares, Composer
USA, Santa Monica
My approach to classical music:
Music is the most ethereal and spiritual of all the fine arts. Work with sounds, as an art-music composer, is working with the most subtle of all the substances: Sounds and silence.
Tao Mijares was born in Monterrey, Mexico. He begins his musical studies at six years old. At twelve he assists at the National Conservatory of Music of the Institute of Fine Arts. At age seventeen he obtains a scholarship for further studies in the Conservatory of Warsaw in Poland under the counseling of Professor W. Kotoñski.
In 1985 carried out studies of piano performing improvement in Paris. In 1988 carried out composition course with Professor Leo Brower. In 1989 obtains a scholarship from the Council of Fine Arts of Detroit in order to take a course of Jazz music with Professor Juan Mora.
He has carried out studies of electroacoustic music with famous experts like Arturo Salinas. He has carried out diverse musical productions for WEA, (co-production) with Memo Mendez Guiú, for Sony, with José A. Farías, among others.
He has carried out the music for diverse multimedia shows, some of them with the presence of the president of México Dr. Ernesto Zedillo Ponce of León, as well as in diverse advertisings campaigns inside and outside the country. In 1997 he collaborated in some musical independent productions in Spain. He has carried out music for documentaries for television and music for national video homes
He has composed, produced or directed, among others, the following:
• Music theme of the Cervantino Festival in Monterrey. • Music main theme for the Beauty Contest Miss Nuevo León. • Musical theme for the National College Olympics Games. • Music for diverse programs of the educational state television broadcasting system. • Music for the ceremony of the delivery of the medal to the Civic Achievement -6 yearly editions in a raw. • Official theme for the Santa Lucia Monterrey City Festival -4 years in a row. • Music for nature documental programs about some Mexican National Parks. • Music for the national release of the Jalisco News Paper “MURAL” • Sport Anthems (“Dorados de Chihuahua”, “Alacranes de Durango” and Deportivo Albacete” in Castilla la Mancha, Spain, among others) • Music for the International CONACEX Congress. • Music for the 7th National Architectural Biennale. • Official Musical Theme for “LA GRAN FAMILIA” –ONG- • Music for the documentary on the CEMEX Bangladesh Plant • Music for the Christmas Parade in Nuevo León, -Five years in a row. • Music for the Musical “The History of Christmas” • Music for the TV Show “Transforma-T” -Televisa- Eight years in a row. • Music for the Christmas Fireworks Show “Music & Fire” • Music for the opening of the Santa Lucia Christmas Parade • Music for the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities 25 Anniversary • Music for the Texas Migrant Council 40th Anniversary presentation.
• Gaviotas, MCM/ Warner
• Sor Inés, Un Rayo de Sol /Sony Music • Acoplado MULTIMEDIOS
• QUIERO CANTAR Arquidiócesis de Monterrey, /Tao Producciones • CINCO ESTAMPAS NORESTENSES, Editado por la S.R.E. • Poema Sinfónico LOS VIAJES DE QUETZALCÓATL, Editado por la AMEI • Lore Lore / Tao Producciones
• Reflexiones, Olga Nelly Garza,/ Tao Producciones • Carlos Gómez “El Hombre y la Estrella” /Tao Producciones • 4X4 “Ella es” Tao Producciones/ Pacific Music, Los Ángeles, Calif. • Denisse “La Luna y Tu”, Tao Producciones/ Pacific Music • EL CD de ¿CÓMO DIJO? Con Ricardo Espinosa/Tao Producciones • OMNIA “¿Qué se siente?”/Nopal Records/ Universal • Los Cuentos de la Ardilla y el Señor Colibrí/Tao Producciones / Font Ediciones. • EL PUENTE “CONTACTO”
• “POR UN AMOR” Gloria Alcázar, THE DIVA.
• Bandamax Tour, Plaza de Toros, Monterrey. • Festival 72nd Anniversary of the U.A.N.L. Main Building esplanade, September. • UNI-ton pro-University Hospital, Main Building esplanade. • Production and general artistic concept of the media show for the opening of the Flag Point View Plaza in Monterrey • Production and general concept for the Nochebuenas Parade in Monterrey and other cities, -Four years in a row- • Production and general concept for the Multimedia show “The History of the Christmas” based on a short story by Tao. • General Production of “TO ATL” • General Production of the Fireworks Show “Music & Fire: Fantasy on the North Pole” • General Production and production design of the State Christmas Parade --Seven years in a row. • General Production and production design of the State Christmas Aquatic Parade on Santa Lucia.
ORCHESTRAL MUSIC WORK
• Opera Rock “Arcturus” and two LP-albums recording. • “Rhapsody and Sinfonietta” for Symphonic Orchestra -Based on Antonio • Tanguma and some other Folk composers. • “Five Northeast Landscapes” for Symphonic Orchestra • “Three songs for Nuevo León”, for Soprano, children choir, and Symphonic Orchestra. • Symphonic Poem: “The Journey of Quetzalcoatl” for Philharmonic Orchestra, Baritone, Soprano, Mezzo, Contralto, mix. Choir and double percussion. • “Four Monterrey Landscapes” for two Pianos and Symphonic Orchestra • “Stelle Filii”, for Soprano, strings and electronic music. • “PSALM” For Soprano and mix. Orchestra. • “TO ATL” For Symphonic Orchestra, Mezzo Soprano and Indigenous percussions.
• Everything remains in the Family (Dir. Herman Galindo • Music Advisory for THE MEXICAN Dir. Gore Verbinski • EL DÍA .The Day.
• FROM DEEP INSIDE THE HEART.
• THE DAY (Poem, adaptation and script) • FLYING AWAY (Feature film script) • FROM DEEP INSIDE THE HEART (Original Idea and script) • MY BIG HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATED WEDDING (Original
idea and script)
• 1OOth ANNIVERSARY OF PANAMERICAN LIFE INSURANCE
COMPANY (Script for Institutional Video) • PREMMUSA MUSIC AWARDS 2010 TV PROGAM (Collaboration -Azteca America) • BROTHERS OF JUSTICE (feature film script) • PARANORMAL REVELATIONS (Soft-script)
• EL PUENTE
• MI REINA (Kike Meneses)
• GRANADA (Gloria Alcázar)
• BÉSAME MUCHO (Gloria Alcázar) • BORRÓN Y BOTELLA NUEVA (Julio César Juárez)
• TV commercial Pizza Light, Josephine’s • TV commercials for several political campaigns. • INDUSTRIAL GRUPO ARSA
PHOTOGRAPHY AND ART:
• CON TODO
• EL CD DE CÓMO DIJO
• LOS CUENTOS DE LA ARDILLA Y EL SEÑOR COLIBRÍ • Graphical illustration and photography for the book “THE DAY” • GLORIA ALCÁZAR THE DIVA
• “MY BIG HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE MEDICATED WEDDING” • “BORRÓN Y BOTELLA NUEVA”
• Official Selection of the International Photography Award for his work “Where
the Sky your Sight”
• Several Shorts as “THE MONSTER” “OUR WATER”, etc. • Documentary “CHIPINQUE” • Feature Film “THE DAY” • Medium/Feature Film “ FROM DEEP INSIDE THE HEART” • FLYING AWAY (Pre-production) www.flyingawaythefilm.com • BROTHERS OF JUSTICE (Pre-Production) www.brothersofjusticethemovie.com • PARANORMAL REVELATIONS (Pre-Production)
• “TITAN” National Script Contest Special Award to his script “ If Death had a name” • Monterrey International Film Festival Best Feature Film Award for his work “THE DAY” • Monterrey International Film Festival Rogelio Cantú Awards for his work “THE DAY” • Strasbourg, France International Film Festival Best Edition Award for his work “THE DAY” • Strasbourg, France International Film Festival Best Score Award for work “THE DAY” • International Film Festival of India. Goa, India World Panorama Official Selection for his work “THE DAY” • San Antonio International Film Festival, Official Selection for his work “THE DAY”
He was nominated President of Jury in the First Popular Music National Contest “La Academia” (TV Azteca) And Jury of the edition CD production state contest.
Tao Mijares has collaborated on the production of many music and multimedia shows, scripts and photo projects.
Currently, Tao is the CEO of Mucha Luz! Productions LLC, an entertainment production company based in California.
He performs the composition in any music kind, musical arrangements, scores and orchestral scores, sync image-music as well as the musical production in general. Also, he has completed his university studies of Architecture specializing in acoustic buildings. He speaks Spanish, English, French, Italian and Polish.